12 June 2011

hey, this only took me 20 mins to write. that's pretty good. wonder how many mistakes i made....

the other day i came right out and asked you a question. did anyone answer? no. here is the post, in case you forgot. why are you not answering?

in addition to people not answering me, i hate when the checkbook won't balance. well, to clarify: i hate when the checkbook is out of balance in the bank's favor. when it's out of balance in my favor, i just ignore it. i mean, i don't add that amount to my account, i just use my balance, which is smaller than the bank's balance. i figure that's pretty safe, that i won't overrrun. eventually it evens out. what gets to me is when i think i have more money than the bank thinks i have. this is pretty much impossible to ignore, completely occupies my mind, colors my world and the color is "sad".

i balance the checkbook nearly every week, and it's been balancing right along for several months until yesterday when i came up with a ton more money than the bank thinks i have. i researched the issue for way too long, tracked and matched and recalculated, didn't find a problem. i was thrown off for the rest of the day.

i woke up this morning thinking about it and talking about it. and, talking about it. and, apparently, talking about it. my old man was like, go to the bank, see if they can help.

huh. help.

so the bank opened at noon and i scurried right on down there and brought the 15-page printout of my excel spreadsheet checkbook register. the young banklady printed out the transactions from this weekend and said, well, you need to account for these. i said, i did - here. then, she printed out last week's transactions and resolved them against the register. check. check. check. she concluded by saying she would need to fax the records in to the home office and talk to her manager tomorrow and she'd give me a call, what's your number? i gave her my email address, because i hate phones.

i just feel so much better knowing the bank is on the case. my world is colored happy again. yes, there are bigger things to worry about than money, but i had a twisted childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home