09 June 2011

cornucopia. what a mellifluous word.

leonard stern, one of the creators of mad libs and "get smart", died today. you will note that mr stern was a creator of funny things; therefore, his name is ironic. also, the stern is the back part of a canoe, the canoeass, if you will.

in honor of mr stern's passing, we shall play mad libs. the way you play mad libs is to provide a list of words by form, and then use those words to fill in a story. on account of grammer not being haved of import to much people nowadays, seemingly the youngfolk can't not hardly tell they're abverts from there nouts. however. you are not of the madding hoard, are ye now? no, ye are not. away we go!

you will need:
verb
indoor room
food
television show
gerund
adjective
boy's name
number
teacher
adjective
number
singular noun
animal
past tense verb
body part
adverb
exclamation
famous person

Last night, as I ___[verb]___ in the ___[room]___ eating ___[food]___ and watching ___[television show]___, the telephone rang. When I picked it up, I heard a ___[gerund]___ sound. It was my ___[adjective]___ friend ___[boy's name]___. He told me that he couldn't solve the ___[number]___ problems that ___[teacher]___ had assigned for homework.

I'm pretty ___[adjective]___ in math, so it took me only ___[number]___ minutes to figure out the answers. "These problems are easy!" I told him. "Use your ___[singular noun]___."

"It's broken!" he said. "I think my ___[animal]___ ___[past tense verb]___ over it."

"Then you'll just have to use your ___[body part]___!" I suggested ___[adverb]___.

"___[exclamation]___! You're a big help! The next time I need advice, I'll call ___[famous person]___," he shouted.

I don't know why ___[boy's name]___ was so mad. Did he want me to give him the answers?


-------------------------

there, wasn't that fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home