17 October 2010

i was gone yesterday. did you miss me? we went to a cabin in the mountains. that's all you need to know.

i did start reading in the woods and so far it's very good. the only problem that i have is the britspeak lingo which trips me up from time to time. i believe a good part of the text has been americanized -- i could be wrong but it just seems that i'll be reading along without having to pay special attention and then i'll realize i've gotten into a section and don't know what it says. i do think that brits are freakin hilarious. here's a sample, I recently found a diary entry from college in which I described my classmates as "a herd of mouth-breathing fucktard yokels who wade around in a miasma of cliché so thick you can practically smell the bacon and cabbage and cow shite and altar candles." Even assuming I was having a bad day, I think this shows a certain lack of respect for cultural differences. HAHAHAHA!! understated. hilarious. ...and subtly bigoted jokes justified as "ironic", which always made me want to go into a long pedantic lecture on the definition of irony. I KNOW, RIGHT? yah, i love the brits.

in a few mins i am going to play soccer and tomorrow i am going running and the next day i am going running and i am just going to pretend like it doesn't hurt and see how far that gets me. yipee ki yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home