19 February 2010

of biscuits and blood

today i was sitting in a business meeting and we were reviewing... um... stuff. like, product stuff. you know. business product stuff reviewingness. anyway, i looked down at my hands, and there was a some blood on my finger here and oh, look blood on my finger there and oh, look blood on my hand there -- wait! what? my hands are bleeding??

OMG! WTF?! IDK!

i calmly excused myself and went to the restroom and warshed my hands. i located the source - a slice style cut on my left ring finger pad. hrm? oh... wait a second here....

i stopped by my cubby for a bandaid and went back to the meeting. i assured my coworkers i was okay. i told them i must have sliced my finger on the foil pan in which the vendor had brought biscuits from cracker barrel. she is all the time bringing food but today she went all out with ham biscuits and sausage biscuits and plain biscuits and jelly and hashbrown casserole and chocolate almonds and buckeyes and two kinds of melty mints. she really pretty much rocks the vendor food for a vendor who doesn't vend food.

so i had a ham biscuit and got some ham stuck in my bottom front horsie teeth. in the meeting i didn't have access to dental floss nor did i wish to make a Big Deal about having food stuck in my teeth. so, i discreetly picked my teeth using the fingernail of my left ring finger. unbeknownst to me, in addition to hoarding food, my teeth have been honing themselves to a keenness a japanese chef would envy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home