12 November 2007

elvis came to town

elvis came to town, and he did not come to see me.

he is who he is, and he is not going to change. it is up to me to set realistic expectations in order to avoid this stupid, idiotic, bitter disappointment. but, the realistic expectations turn into walls, and walls don't need care & feeding to grow - walls grow all on their own. what begins with managed expectations becomes the great barrier reef... a sharp, hazardous, enduring, large wall.

and, i really do love elvis, and i don't want this wall to be there, so i take it down... again & again, i take it down and stand there in the open, exposed, revealed. so ready to be hurt. how many more times can i stand to impale my own heart on the poison spear of my own disappointment?

and, why must i even go through this? doesn't he love me at all? or... perhaps - doesn't he love me, simply, enough? enough to meet me halfway? enough to care about spears & walls & disappointments?

elvis came to town, and he did not come to see me.

again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home