14 October 2007

no thank you. no thank you very much.

at the conclusion of a retail transaction, the clerk hands over a receipt, and upon being handed something -- anything -- my inevitable response is to say thank you. what am i thanking the clerk for? for handing me the receipt? for taking my money? having conquered the snooze you lose* program and the say hey* program, i am ready to take on a new initiative. this new initiative will involve making a conscious effort not to reply to the receipt hand off with a robotic thank you. i will no longer thank the clerk for allowing me to spend my money. from now on, when handed a receipt, i will say one of the following:
-- your days are numbered
-- peace out
-- viva las vegas
-- chitty-chitty-bang-bang
-- see ya

[*note* -- if you don't recognize the names of those other programs, you will have to look for them here in my blog. i am not linking to them for you. if i do the work for you, you will become weak. i serve you better by encouraging you to serve yourself. you're welcome.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home