19 November 2010

hey all you people who are coming to visit my house in the next 10 days - you should come now because we just got done cleaning it!

i thought we were going to do the normal weekly routine of wiping down the countertops with a wet warshrag, but it turned out we were planning to do a more intense session and i missed the memo. i thought about fussing & pouting & dragging my feet, and okay i DID fuss & pout & drag my feet, but not for long because i am a whimsical mood-changer. the bottom line is that we 2 put in 2 hours, which is 4 hours, and so if you cannot tell the house has been cleaned you had all better damb just say it looks great anyway. you're on notice!

cleaning the house always highlights how much junque we own, what with moving it to dust it or dusting around it or vacuuming around it or under it or beside it. the thing about junque is that my junque is my junque and your junque is just crap. this here, my mama gave me, and this here, belonged to my grams, and this here, my third grade brownie troop bestest friend in the whole world made me this lanyard at the summer camp where we learned to swim. you would have me discard these treasures? how bout let's check out that there, what your dad gave you, or that there, what belonged to your gramps, or that there, the lanyard your third grade little league coach made for you at the end of the season when you got the most hits.

what makes my stuff not crap (to me) is that it is connected to my life. what makes your stuff not crap (to you) is that it is connected to your life. and even though my life is connected to your life and your life is connected to my life, we will never be connected enough for me to think that coffee cup is really worth saving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home