27 November 2008

i am thankful for...

... my old man. today's his b'day, and i cannot imagine a better match for me in all the world. mini-me & my old man's mom, loretta lynn, are disconcerted when we bicker, but they don't get it. it's not really bickering. it's a closeness we share - a place only he & i can go together. it's a bonding thing. yeah, you probably wouldn't understand.

... mini-me. what can i say? she's da bomb.

... other family, local friends, faraway friends, friends from soccer, friends from brigadoon.

... clean running water, 4 walls & a roof, modern appliances, indoor plumbing, ample food, warm bed.

... modern medicine, my own & my family's health.

... life in the u-s-a.

... music.

... literacy.

... a job i enjoy.

... luxuries, caffeine, computer, books, library, extra sweaters, 2 pairs of gloves, funny socks, pink nail polish, twizzlers, canoes, harmonica, babushka dolls, chapstick, nintindo-ds, scallops, sharpies, kleenex, tivo, television, white tees & chuck taylors, stand up comedy, sports, tree houses, timex mystery answer watch, hand lotion, mountains, prairies, oceans white with foam....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home