24 November 2008

it's vacation time.

today, tomorrow, wednesday - i am on vacation. looks like mini-me is coming home tomorrow, and beavis is coming to visit on wednesday. thursday is thanksgiving with the fambly, and ::sigh:: that is not always as fun as it could be. speedy will not be here this year b/c she & junior ostensibly broke up. for two people that broke up, they spend a lot of time together. mini-me will be there, of course, but if speedy is not there, that means that mini-me has the full burden of my boredom, b/c i am not really good at disguising it, mostly b/c i don't try. that's my maturity pouring through, yes it is.

after thanksgiving comes christmas, and i haven't made a christmas list yet. that is - a list of the things i want to get for people, not from people, ya doof. the problem with the list is coordinating it with my old man, and we are both really sort of seat-of-the-pants shoppers. so, working together is a challenge b/c neither of us really has a plan at all.

speaking of challenges, i did run a marathon yesterday. i ran it & jogged it & walked it. i did not crawl or actually sit down, so bonus to me for that, eh? haha! i finished in a respectable time considering my calf did not like the downhills & my lungs did not like the uphills, and there was general & overall confusion, if not downright rebellion, from many parts of my body. however, i survived & am now determined to get back in shape so that i can do these things without so much needless suffering. did i mention my garmin is on its last legs? i am concerned about how difficult it is to get it to take a charge. ::sigh:: i hope it hangs in there a while longer. i will miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home