15 October 2008

is it me?

why do people annoy me so? it could not be me, could it? no. no way. it is they. they are annoyances. right? hey, you gotta back me up here. don't be annoying. heh heh.

there are the people that talk over the bathroom stalls, asking how am i doing & how was my weekend & every other such thing. firstly, i really do not wish to converse while i am peeing -- or doing whatever else i might be doing in there. and, with the autoflushers at work, there is vitually constant flushing going on, which it is well nigh impossible to talk over. there is no conversation so important that it cannot wait until the restroom transaction is complete.

then, there are the people who come into the office space talking. they just march right in & launch into a convo as if i am going to drop cold whatever i am doing & not only participate in the convo, but participate intelligently. the most i can usually come up with is, what's that again? i mean, c'mon, i am deep in the middle of shopping on ebay... er... i mean, decoding some spreadsheet so i can merge it with some other spreadsheet & create some master project plan or some such very important work. i am knee deep in files, and you expect me to acknowledge you as you barge in talking. there is no convo so important it cannot wait until i mark my place in my work.

those are both sort of interrupters. another type of annoyance are the office yellers. these ones... i just do not know how to deal with them. yelling out good morning or how was your weekend as i walk by to get to the coffee pot. i usually keep on walking, b/c how the hula am i supposed to know if you are talking to me -- sounds like you have small-talk tourette's - just yelling out random shizzle like that.

oh, that's just the tip of the annoyance iceberg. is it me? surely not. the world is peopled by eejits, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home