06 October 2008

i'd rather be a geek.

if i asked you -- "can you get into the u:\ drive?" would you most likely (a) see if you could & respond to me affirmatively or negatively or (2) see if you could, and if you could, proceed to guess what i might do if i could get into the u:\, search out the presumably related files, proceed to mangle them in some way, and then drop them at my feet like a proud cat with a dead mouse?

when you ask me to show you how to do some computer thing, please do not proceed to click & open & choose & move & drag & click some more as if you magically understand how to do this thing that you asked me to show you how to do. wait until i give you instruction, or do not ask me at all.

when i am providing instruction on a work-related matter, at your desk, on my time, and you receive a personal phone call, please limit the call to less than 30 seconds by stating: "i will call you back." emphatically to the caller. tell the caller you are "working". do not proceed to discuss the status of ice cream supplies at your place of residence, ad infinitum, while giving me conspiratorial winks & nods as if i have a personal stake in your ice cream supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home