14 November 2011

going back to find a simpler place and time

on the way home i got rear-ended. in my CAR. gosh, you are a perv. there was a delay up ahead, and so i was phoning my old man to tell him there was traffic when i looked up and saw the car in front of me had stopped. yikes! but then, whew!, i got stopped but then, bam!, the car behind me did not. ugh. so i was all stopping in the road and she was all stopping in the road, and she got out and i got out and she was like, are you hurt?, and i was like, nah..., and she was like, can you move your car to the side? and in my head i kicked myself (ouch!) for not thinking of that. what a dolt! so we got back in our cars and moved them to the side and we were all, i guess we should exchange info?, but then a cop drove up from all the coppage that had turned out for the actual wreck up ahead. he was all over the need your registration shizzle, and thank medusa i had fresh registration and insurance card sitting right on top of the pile of otherwise useless muck in the glovebox. (no gloves.) we were all three standing by the side of the road when the other driver goes - well the guy behind me just left and i don't know where he went but he ran into me and then he left. and the cop was like, you got hit, too? and she was all, yes, that's why i ran into her. and here's the thing - that happened to me once, for reals. i got stopped and i was all whew and then i got rear ended and ran into the car in front of me. so i know it can happen. but... so... see... the cop, he tells us to each go to our own car and he'll do the paperwork, and he comes over to my car, and he goes, did you see another car, did she mention another car before? and of course i was, no. and he was, when did she first mention getting hit by another car? and of course i was, only in front of you. and he was, what did she say? and i was all, are you hurt and can you move your car to the side. he was like, okay. i felt bad for her, but it's not like i am going to lie for a stranger. just in case it comes back later, it's easier to tell the truth. so, the cop, he did the paperwork and wrote out each driver's info for the other driver, which was super nice and helpful, and gave me his card with the incident report number, and the paper with her info on it, and my license and insurance and registration, and gave her hers, and then he helped us get back out into traffic, and that was it, really. that was it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home