22 April 2011

if this yappy dog doesn't shut the hell up, i swear i will kill her with my bare hands.

hero: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheeses, tomato, lettuce, onion, and condiments.

i cannot think of one single person in my life that i ever thought - hey, i would really like to be like [insert name here]. i mean, sure, when i was a kid at summercamp the counselors were all The Coolest People Ever, so i guess you could say there was some level that i wanted to be like them. but, i didn't think about it to myself - didn't say to myself, "hey, i really want to be like her." i wanted them to like me, accept me. i wanted us all to be friends. they were way too old for that, obviously, but still. that's what i wanted. i don't ever remember thinking that "when i grow up i want to be an imitation of them". i didn't want to be sort of them. i wanted to be one with them. i wanted for me to be me and for us to be friends at that present time, that's as far as i went with it.

i never studied anyone, imitated anyone, emulated anyone. that's the sort of behaviour you engage in when there is somewhere you want to get to - some goal you want to attain. i guess there was just never anywhere i wanted to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home