12 August 2010

singing the iphone blues

so last night my old man updated his iphone, and by "update" i mean of course "erased all his contacts, photos, apps, and music". whoo! whooooo! nice job, big guy. yeah, of course i feel terrible b/c as the designated official household technical type person, it's really my fault. he was doing a backup and his phone rang, so he answered it, and that stopped the backup, and right then i should have put a halt to the process but instead he continued with the update, and when it came to syncing the phone, he chose, for reasons that remain unclear, to sync to my phone number. now, this one? this one's on him b/c i said - DO NOT SYNC TO MY PHONE NUMBER. but, he did, and so he ended up with my complete phone on his phone. and, then there was the whole fact that he didn't have a backup. i was up to midnight trying to restore from something that didn't exist, because, you know, i had to show an effort. so now i am sending him every contact from my iphone one by one. if you have a better idea, you just let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home