07 August 2009

why does the dentist -

- talk to his assistant like she's a total idiot - when she is a highly educated & competent dental worker.

- not tell you what he is doing or how much more he has to do before he's finished.

- repeatedly come in, do a little bit of work, then leave again without telling you when he will be back.

::sigh:: i realize dentistry isn't easy and that things go more smoothly if the patient agrees with the dentist, doesn't ask questions, and sits still. but does the dentist have to be such an ass? wouldn't it work better all the way around if the dentist let us in on what his plans were, how long it was all going to take, an outline of the process, and then provided periodic status updates? we're all adults here. maybe we could be treated as such, eh?

1 Comments:

At 11 August, 2009 12:09, Blogger J Dot said...

Dentists who are not nice to hygentists are not nice dentists. People who are not nice to waiters and not nice people. Of these things I am convinced. I had a dentist once who I went to see because my tooth was brown and I was getting married and did not want a brown tooth in all the pictures. He was available on short notice. He had no doors on the rooms and everything was video taped. Apparently this was all part of the settlement and an explanation for why he was available on short notice. I quit going to him and started going to a dentist I knew from another context. He is nice to his staff and to me, good at what he does, and generally a good dentist. I like going there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home