20 January 2009

wotcher?

greetings from the beanery, which is open tonight. really need to remember to bring my own coffee cup to these places. really. anyhootle, as i was searching for cash that i could have sewaneed i put in my pocket, the discount & club cards from maxximo jo's fell out. right on the counter. here at the beanery. gulp. felt a wee bit of the coffee slut... visiting other shops & all. almost stammered out an excuse, but realized with relief the beanery guy didn't see the cards. i guiltily jammed 'em back in my pocket.

it's cold here. coldcold. 25ยบ or less. of course, i was out waiting on the van in the snow & wind this afternoon b/c the other day, they were there "on time" -- and by "on time" i mean 5 mins early -- and they called me that day to see where i was as i was scurrying down the street, and i didn't want to be "late" again -- and by "late" i mean arriving at the agreed-upon time -- so i was there early. and, yes, had to wait. b/c that is how the van rolls.

so, in this coldcold, my hands get cold, and there is really nothing my old man likes more than for me to put my cold hands inside his shirt on his bare back. i can tell he really likes it b/c he usually yells out one of his pet names for me -- and by "pet name" i mean "crazy bitch" -- and so he yells out a pet name & then reaches around to grab my hand, and so he grabs it really hard b/c that's how much he loves me. so, that's why i put my cold hands on his back. speaking of my old man, on sunday we were sitting in the kitchen, drinking coffee, reading the paper, and i had finished my section of the paper, so i asked if he could please hand me another piece of the paper, so he tore off a little corner of the page he was reading & handed it to me. he is witty, eh?

even in this coldcold, i went for a run today. we were supposed to have some sort of dept lunch event for a new employee, but that was changed to tomorrow, so i am glad i had my running clothes, but i didn't have tights, only shorts, and it was cold. i would have been fine if i had been moving at what has become my normal speed again, but my running buddy is all out of shape & likes to walk. even in the cold. b/c he is dressed in many layers. so, the running was overall a disappointment b/c it was so slow, but also b/c i went 3.3 miles, and i really could have finished up .7 more miles and made it the even 4 i went out there for, and i am really disappointed that i did not. lesson learned - next time, do what you meant to do.

i am guessing we will have the lunch thing tomorrow, and of course, i am not thrilled. i get so tired of getting to know people i've got no interest in knowing. how would i know, before i know 'em? oh, you know that you know when you meet someone if you want to get to know 'em. c'mon. stop being disingenuous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home