29 July 2011

file under "e" for "eedyot"

the other day i was out to the publix purchasing produce and upon completion of the purchasing portion of the adventure, whilst i was checking out, i noticed the bagger wasn't using my bags. "why aren't you using my bags?" [*crickets*] "i brought bags." [*blank stares*] "you gave my bags to that lady in front of me, didn't you?" [*blushing. guilt. looking away.*] and he was like, do you want to get another bag or two, just get a couple and they'll be free? "no, that's okay, they were old bags." and he was all, are you sure? "yes, sure."

what the hell was i doing?

i had four bags with me. that's $4. "no, that's okay. i will just give that stranger lady in front of me $4. here, lady, here's $4. it's a gift from me."

what? the? hell??

i am going to email publix right now and tell them what happened. maybe they will pity my imbecility and send me $4.

* sigh *

6 Comments:

At 30 July, 2011 02:42, Blogger dmb said...

Dude. Don't blame publix. The guy tried to fix the issue, make up for it, but you didn't want his solution to the problem. You should email life's manager and ask him to get that lady to bring you your old bags back. The cashier made a mistake-and tried to fix it, whereas the lady made a conscious choice to take your bags with her. Who is really to blame?

 
At 30 July, 2011 07:35, Blogger ace said...

um... read my post again. i am not blaming publix. i am calling myself an idiot for refusing his kind offer. why would you think i would blame someone else for my mistake? i'm not like that.

 
At 30 July, 2011 15:58, Blogger dmb said...

Apparently I missed some key words. Huh. Odd.

 
At 30 July, 2011 19:40, Blogger ace said...

okay. i edited my original post because turns out it wasn't very clear. my disclarity is the fault of my junior high english teacher.

see what i did there?

haha.

:)

 
At 30 July, 2011 20:37, Blogger dmb said...

Not. Fair. Made me think I was crazy.

 
At 30 July, 2011 21:02, Blogger ace said...

well. about that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home