28 December 2009

if i had to be around people all the time, there'd be a lot more people with black eyes. that's all i am saying. yo.

so here's the thing. i & this other project manager at my work have been co-managing this project, and it needed remedial help but was starting to shape up and is supposed to wrap up on wednesday, as in 2 days from today. we were both on vacation last week, but we're back today and we're like - woowoo let's hit it! and we're all enthusiastic and shizzle and we email the vendor with a couple things to get the ball rolling. we're thinking it will be an intense couple days back & forth with the vendor in the final test-modify-perfect cycle, but by wednesday we'll have everything in ship-shape. the vendor emails back -- "the guy working on your project here is on vacation this week, but he'll come in on wednesday and wrap it all up." what the heel? vacation?! who goes on vacation the final week of a project - and really more so -- is there no way they could have mentioned previously that he was going to be on vacation? like, last week they could have said - Important Guy Will Be Out Next Week. ?? oh, wait. i forgot. he's going to come in on wednesday to wrap it all up. in one day, he is going to accomplish three days of work. ga-a-a-a-ah!

so here's the thing. i was at the grocery and was placing my selections on the conveyor belt that would convey them up to the cashier who would then scan them, allowing the computer to compute a total amount of money required from me to turn my selections into purchases. so, i am doing this thing - placing selections - when this guy enters the checkout lane behind me with his cart. he reaches IN FRONT of me and takes the separate-order-bar and reaches further IN FRONT of me and places the separate-order-bar IN FRONT of me and proceeds to then place his selections IN FRONT of me on the moving conveyor which conveys the separate-order-bar and followed by his selections right on up to the point where the conveyor disappears to continue its trip around and where the separate-order-bar triggers the conveyor to stop. and so i am standing there with selections in my hand looking at the cashier like - what the heel? and i look at the guy and he is looking at a mag and won't look at me and i am really feeling a "really" coming on, but i resist the urge to yell "really" or to toss my freakin pineapple at his freakin head, and i hand the cashier my remaining selections, and every time i reach into my cart to retrieve a selection, i look over at him to see if he sees me taking my time getting the stuff out of my cart and handing it to the cashier one-by-freakin-one because he's put his stuff on the conveyor IN FRONT of me. ga-a-a-a-ah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home