21 September 2008

sports news

still watching some ryder cup action. mickleson is playing just terribly. anthony kim already won his match against sergio garcia. boo weekly is playing well. fairly certain boo's the only professional golfer who chews tobacky.

titans won today - yay! next week, me & my old man are going to the titans game. my place of work gave me tickets for being such a stellar employee. go me! so, anyway, titans are off to a 3-0 start for the first time since '99.

vandy won yesterday - yay! next week, me & my old man are not going to the vandy game. har har. the 'dores are off to a 4-0 start for only fourth time since w-w-2. they will likely make the top 25 this week, for the first time since 1984. when they were in the top 25 in 1984, they went on to play tulane the following week. they should have beat tulane and gone 5-0, but instead, they lost to tulane and went on to lose all but one game the rest of the season, finishing with a losing record at 5-6. these things are not forgotten easily and go a long way to explain why vandy fans are cautious to be optimistic.

in personal sports news, i ran 8.5 miles this morning. or, perhaps it is more accurate to say i continually self-propelled forward for 8.5 miles. run may be an exaggeration. but, pace is overrated. it is the mileage we are after, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home