21 August 2007

the relative definition of real conversation

tonight, me & mini-me & my old man had supper with a person who is my relative, and who is very old. her hearing seems to be a tidge off, but her mind is sharp. for 93 yrs old, her body's not doing too bad - still scootin' around on her own steam. but, here's the thing -- she usually has supper with a couple other residents of the residence where she resides, and these other residents are old guys. this old lady relative of mine would rather sit with and talk with the guys than the girls, so now you can see that this is in my dna. what's in my dna? the recognition that while the girls -- even the old, old girls -- are all busy talking about their hair & their shoes, the guys are talking about something real, like... politics or local ordinances or religion or philosophy or cars or movies or sports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home