08 February 2009

brought you 25252, 25552, 25752, 25952, and 26000 from the rental odometer, and this from the old journal --

if i had a friend, she would understand me. she would laugh at my jokes. she would get me. if i had a friend, she would trap the mice for me. if i had a friend, she would sing to me, and she would touch my hair, and my headache would go away.

if i had a friend, i would know it.

could i sit by you? would you mind if i just lean my head on your shoulder? it's okay if you don't love me, but could i just pretend? i will be quiet, and i will catch my tears before they fall on you. because - when you sing, then my heart can sleep.

if i try to explain myself, it will take a long time, but you still won't understand so maybe you could just skip asking and pretend to know already.

if i ask you to sing to me, will you? do you know that your singing is an echo in my soul? do you know that you are an echo in my memory made real again through singing that nearly breaks my heart? real enough almost to touch, but then, when i touch it - it is too sharp, so it would cut me if i held it. that's why i don't hold it.

let it go. let it go.

are you some kind of magic indian princess? will you breathe your spirit into this place? can you bring the laughter back to the woods? if you can, then do you want to? would you do that for us, even though we are strangers?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home